Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hello 30

It took me awhile to get this post up (surprise, surprise), but I turned 30 three weeks ago. (!) Starting a new decade has made me quite introspective, but for my birthday, I just wanted to do something fun. So that's what I did.

(L: The whole group near Fort Mason; M: The bridge on a stunning day; R: Me making the trek across)

Ten of my favorite people accompanied me on a bike ride across the Golden Gate Bridge. My mom, youngest sister, and three friends drove the nine hours down from Oregon, and two other friends drove over from Sacramento--all to celebrate with me. (They are awesome!)

This was the perfect way to begin my 30s in style. We grabbed coffees at my favorite joint in the city, rented bikes near Fisherman's Wharf, and took off on an adventure through the city--riding past Fort Mason, along the water at Crissy Fields, and up some gnarly SF hills to reach the bridge itself. The view from up top was unbelievable, and despite the fact that the bridge is often socked in fog, we were blessed with glorious sunshine.

(L: The Marin Headlands; M: Looking back toward the bridge from Sausalito; R: The Sausalito waterfront)

(L: The view of SF from Sausalito; M: Me and Mr. Darcy, hehe; R: Drinking wine while waiting for our table at Albona)

Once we reached the other side, it was (thankfully) all downhill until we reached the charming town of Sausalito, where we took a sun break--complete with wine juice boxes and Maynard's wine gums--while waiting for our ferry back to the city.

After returning our bikes (and a quick costume change), we walked over to North Beach where we had the most amazing dinner at Albona, an Istrian restaurant there. It was the perfect end to a perfect day.

Cheers to a new Decade!

7 comments:

Jenny Beattie said...

I saw some of this on FB but I hadn't realised that people came from so far to celebrate with you. It looks a wonderful day. Good luck for this decade!

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

It was an amazing day. So glad to have been a part of it. I love you!

Sue Guiney said...

I can't believe you're just 30! I hope you're settling in to them well and happily :-)

Zmunda said...

It was such a wonderful day!! I am so glad I got to be there...wonderful weather, great friends, amazing food and celebrating the birth of my best friend!

Unknown said...

I agree it was an amazing day with a wonderful group of people.

The most amazing, my wonderful daughter who I am so proud of, you have become such a talented, bright, interesting (I could go on and on)and beautiful young women, no Mother could ask for more.

I still can't believe you are all grown up, how fast those 30 years went by and I do miss you being my little girl but I look forward so much to the next 30 years with you!

My amazing Angie!!!

I love you
Mom

Angie said...

Jenny, yep, I felt quite blessed to have people come from so far. It made the day extra special.

Kris, I'm so glad you were able to make it too! I know it was a long day away from the babies. xx

Sue, haha, thanks. So far so good. A lot of big things shaping up this year, so fingers crossed.

Z, I'm so glad you were able to come too! It was a blast having my girls.

Ah, love you, Mama, and so glad you and Steph were able to come. xx

Rebecca said...

Happy (very) belated birthday, Angie!