Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Doggie Faux Pas

Drew has now committed the two cardinal sins of the Michaelis' household: destroying shoes and destroying books. I posted a few weeks ago about how he chewed my Danskos. Today I left him alone for another mommy separation session and returned to find little bits of paper all over the floor. Like confetti, but not so cheerful. Before I left I cleaned up everything in his chewing/sight line, but I had left Eldest on the coffee table. He's never tried to get anything up there until now. Somehow he managed to get the book down on the floor, which was a feat in and of itself considering that it's half his size. The book, luckily, didn't receive too much damage, just some chewing on the top of the spine, but the book sleeve didn't fair so well. He tore it to bits. Yet he managed to leave the bookmark in place. I was so mad because I love book sleeves and this one was pretty cool looking. I guess I should be happy the book survived, but I'm still irked. What made me even more mad is that I went to the pet store and got him a new toy and treats. Spoiled brat. Ironically, I left Drew alone today because I found a new cobbler nearby that got rave reviews online, so I wanted to see if he could fix my Danskos. He can. They won't be as good as new, but they'll be wearable and it'll save me from having to pay another $110 for new ones. I swear the dog knew what my mission was and though Ha! I'll teach you to ever leave me again, mommy. I wonder if Borders has any extra sleeves?

On a brighter note, I got a package yesterday and a new one today containing a total of four new books and two new CDs! Woo hoo. Two Philip Roth's (Portnoy's Complaint and The Plot Against America), two Helene Hanff's (84, Charing Cross Road and its sequel The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street), plus the new Joss Stone CD and the new Amy Winehouse CD. I am very excited and will be sure to not leave them on the coffee table!

It could be worse, I guess:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is that dogs belong outside where this sort of thing isn't a problem. :P

Angie said...

Oh, have you seen my dog? He was bred to be inside, he's not almost as big as a horse like Mijo! I have a sneaking suspicion Ross would actually like my doggie. ;)

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

You got the Amy Winehouse and Joss Stone CDs?!? I WANT!!!