Friday, March 09, 2007

Unmotivated, etc.

I'm hoping to finish editing/rewriting the aforementioned section for my novel today, but I'm feeling particularly unmotivated for some reason that I assume is related to it being Friday. Yay for Friday! Boo for work! It's funny, I love writing and I'm happy I took the chance to pursue it, but some days it's just like any other job where writing feels like pulling teeth. I guess the difference is that I'm working for me and am very underpaid (ie., not paid at all) so any failing lies completely with me, which is a bit anxiety-inducing at times. The drill sergeant in my head starts badgering the poor helpless creative side, "Get to work you lazy arse or you'll never make anything of yourself! You'll be a failure and it'll be your own fault." Meanwhile the creative side cries and hides under the desk begging for leniency, "I can only write so many words at one time, I need inspiration to be creative."

I know cry me a river, right? Ah well, thought I'd put it out there.

Drew is doing well today. He was moving slower than normal this morning, but he's nearly back to his cheerful sweet self this afternoon. I'm trying to keep a close eye on him though because he's not supposed to do too much activity for the first few days. (Try telling him that!) On a much more somber note, we got a sad call from Adam's Nanny last night. Adam's dad is out of town for the weekend so Nanny is doggy-sitting Mo, who apparently went to nap in the bedroom last night and never woke up. I'm sure many of you met Mo--the ever so slightly pudgy dalmatian--who was the sweetest dog ever. She was Adam's lovely dog for much of his life, so he is understandably sad, however she was getting quite old and had a lot of problems (hips, eyesight, sores, and tumors), so we're glad she's not in pain anymore. We will miss her.

1 comment:

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

Ang, you are awesome. Stop being so hard on yourself. I am just so excited that you are writing and you are certainly making progress. Hang in there!

Sorry to hear about Mo. :-(