Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Rough night

Last night I dreamt as if I were sick. My dreams were bright and colorful and strange, and even though I don't remember most of them, I remember how vivid they were, including one bout where the people were really dolls walking around. If they had moved into fast forward or slow motion, I would have known that I was sick because I only have dreams with strangely paced tempo when I am sick and feverish. Add to this the fact that Drew got sick in the middle of the night, and we had ourselves a wonderful night. He started whining at about 1 am, so the husband took him outside to go potty. He was diarrheal and as soon as the husband brought him in he needed to go out again. When they came to bed after that, Drew needed to go again. Next thing I know it's 3:30 am and the husband is not in bed. I call him and he doesn't answer, so I start panicking thinking someone attacked him outside. I jump out of bed to go get him (really, what am I going to do if someone attacked him?), but am relieved when I hear the jingle jingle of Drew's tags. The husband has fallen asleep on the couch because Drew kept getting sick. Poor husband didn't get much sleep last night.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Poor Drew. Hope he's feeling better.