Thursday, May 17, 2007

Adventure-less

I need an adventure. During the first incarnation of my blog--when it was a marathon training diary--it was called Angie's Adventures. I had lots of 'mini' adventures in the early days of this blog: marathon training runs, which were mini adventures in and of themselves; standing in line 12+ hours for a free pair of choos ; taking a helicopter tour of San Francisco ; finishing a marathon; and two weeks later, skydiving (funny that I didn't blog about *that*). My life seems to be void of adventures these days, unless you count the shoe fiasco in Vegas and the cold water shower this week, which I wouldn't. The problem is that we can't afford to travel right now and even if we could husband doesn't have enough vacation what with all the weddings and bachelor/ette parties we have to attend this summer. I'm sure these could be adventures of a sort, but not really the sort of adventure I'm looking for. Another problem is that even if we could travel, I don't have the energy for it yet. Hopefully my thyroid medicine will start kicking in soon, and if not I'm sure my doctor will increase the dose when I go to get tested in a few weeks. I can also tell I need an adventure because I dyed my hair three weeks ago (and not ONE friend noticed!), and I've contemplated getting every cute haircut I see. In the past, whenever I got bored I either dyed my hair, cut it, or got something pierced (nothing too crazy, just more ear piercings and my nose, but still...). I've also found myself designing a tattoo even though I hate needles. All this is to say that I need some adventures, and I don't forsee that happening anytime soon. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with teaching Drew more tricks. Any recommendations? He already knows sit, go to your bed, lay down, shake, high-five, roll over, play dead, and dance (his most recent). I've run out of ideas.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I understand the need to go adventure hunting, but like you said your health needs to be 100%. Keep taking care of yourself and the adventures will come!

The endless weddings are a pain to be frank...but what can you do? Here's to next year!

Angie said...

I'm sure you're right, hellojed.

Why is it that weddings always come in waves? Only one wedding likely next year, so hopefully I'll squeeze that adventure in. :)