Wednesday, May 09, 2007

TV viewing down?

"In TV's worst spring in recent memory, an alarming number of Americans drifted away from television the past two months: More than 2.5 million fewer people were watching ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox than at the same time last year, statistics show."
- from this article

Alarming statistic? I think it deserves a big hurrah! Americans watch too much tv. I know I do, and I don't watch nearly as much as most. Hopefully these people are turning to other activities and not just streaming their shows on their computer. Of course it's likely they are spending more time online socializing on myspace or facebook or watching their shows on their DVR and not out in the garden or reading. One can hope though.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I heard that for the first time ever, tv ratings for Law and Order are down to its lowest ratings. I watch far too much tv myself, should chuck the tv in the bin!