Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Rock on!

*Blush* I am now officially a Rockin' Girl Blogger - the lovely hellojed nominated me for an award with the following kind words:

I regard Angie as my partner in crime in the writing-blogger world - I enjoy reading her daily updates on the slog that is writing, and her dry sense of humour.
Ah thanks hellojed, I also regard you as my partner in crime in the writing-blogging world, so that means a lot!

Now comes the part where I tag five other Rocking Girl Blogs. Hellojed, you’d be at the top of my list since your blog keeps me going when the writing gets tough, but I suppose I should nominate five new blogs. (Looks like many of the women I want to nominate are being nominated as we speak, so they’ll just have to be nominated twice!)

JJ is a writing blogger who entertains me with her tales of Thailand and is another kindred spirit attempting to write her first novel.

Jen makes me laugh with her stories of retail hell and bits of philosophy, and she is also slogging through her first novel, which she bravely excerpted on her site. I can’t wait til the whole thing comes out!

As hellojed said in her nomination, Helen bravely posts her daily word count on her blog (something I can’t do) as well as detailing her life as a mother, fantastic cakemaker, and writer. We share the struggle of the lure of the ‘stable’ job.

The Struggling Author was my first blog read and has bravely detailed her struggles to become a published writer. Her blog makes me laugh and gives me hope that I too can be a not-so-struggling author someday.

Hullaballoo is new to the blogging world, but she’s jumping right in with funny observations about life as well as detailing her newfound freedom.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Thank you Angie. I was going to nominate you too, but I saw hellojed had done it already. I get so much from your blog - sometimes you blog about stuff that could have been from my own head!

Angie said...

Ah, thanks Helen! I know what you mean :)