Friday, October 26, 2007

Choices, choices

I'm leaving for vacation in 8 days, and I have approximately 30 pages left in The Historian. I planned on reading The Thirteen Tale next to continue my curl-up-by-the-fire-spooky-ish reading, but it's a hefty book too and I'm not sure I'll be able to finish before we leave. Do I begin reading it and risk carrying around a hefty book on our trip that I'll quickly finish? (Oh, but then I'll have an excuse to buy a new book for the flight home), or do I choose another book? Tricky. Tricky.

4 comments:

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

Make the sacrifice! Go with The Thirteenth Tale so that a certain friend can borrow it from you over the holidays. ;-)

Yvonne said...

that is a tricky one. I'd get a new book cos I hate heavy baggage - enjoy your holiday you thoroughly deserve it!

Lane Mathias said...

tricky indeed but 'big and hefty' sounds like a fireside read to me:-)

Angie said...

Kris, sacrifice made...I've started reading The Thirteenth Tale, the allure was too strong!

Hellojed, I hate lugging heavy baggage too. But you know, I could possibly *have* to buy a new book this way. ;) I am counting down the days...

Lane, I gave in to the urge. So far, it appears to be a good fireside read for a bibliophile like me.