Thursday, January 10, 2008

Normal Synopsis

The good news is that my thyroid test came back normal. (Yay!)

The bad news is that I have no idea why I've been feeling symptomatic. (Boo!) I'm wondering if the month-long stress of the holidays drained my system and made my body struggle to keep up. I did start to feel under the weather right after our trip home to Oregon for Thanksgiving, which consisted of driving 17 hours in 4 days; and the Christmas rush began immediately after arriving home.

On a happier note, I finally scribbled down a brief synopsis for my book. I've been trying to come up with something for ages, but it's really hard to write a synopsis for your own story! Whenever people ask what my book is about, I flounder to come up with an answer, not because I don't know what it's about, but because it's hard to sum up your own story in one paragraph when you've spent countless hours working on it. I will need to refine it when I finish the book, but I wanted to get a head start.

6 comments:

Jenny Beattie said...

Yay, excellent news. So perhaps it's your body's way of saying slow down a bit.
Take care of yourself.
JJx

Yvonne said...

Hope you feel better soon. Don't forget that January takes a lot out of you. I'm so jealous that you've written a synopsis, I've been putting writing mine off for so long!

Lane Mathias said...

Funny I was thinking about synopses last night and started to scribble down a few succint sentences. Aaaargh!! It's so hard!

Hope you're feeling better soon:-)

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

Yay for normal test results, but boo for not feeling normal. :-/ Hang in there and treat yoruself to a latte for writing that synopsis. Brava!

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

Argh. Yourself. I hate typos!

Angie said...

JJ, perhaps it is a signal to slow down. I think I will have to listen soon!

Yvonne, thanks, and you're right about January, it's always a tough month.
Good luck with your synopsis, I think mine will need some serious work, but the bones of it are there.

Lane, it is so hard! Good luck and hang in there.
Thanks. :)

Kristen, mm a latte is a good idea...