Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Those Who Save Us

Those Who Save Us Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum

Stunning, heartrending, and beautiful.

When I was researching my own novel, I found this book, but I didn't want it to influence me, so while I finished my first draft and began the editing, it sat on the shelf beckoning to me. The wait did not disappoint my expectations. Blum handles a most difficult topic with delicacy and care. The ending made me sad, and at first it felt loose and unresolved, but in reality I think it was true to the characters.

I highly recommend this touching debut.

2 comments:

Jenny Beattie said...

I'm very glad it didn't disappoint after waiting and watching it on the shelf!

Angie said...

JJ, me too! (Especially since I was in between Twilight Saga books, so I could have easily lost my attention span. :)