Monday, May 24, 2010

Surprise!

I awoke this morning to a lovely surprise:

(With flowers he brought me yesterday!)

Husband left a present for me, and it's not even my birthday, Christmas, or our anniversary! A rare treat.

This weekend I told him I felt petulant about my work. I'm tired of editing, tired of reading the same words over and over and over and tired of endlessly streamlining my novel. I suppose anyone who has revisited a project 50 million times would want to stomp their feet and throw it out the window. The chapter that induced this irritation wasn't even a difficult edit, in fact, it's in pretty good shape, but I'm ready to move on already. New characters and story ideas are clamoring for my attention, trying to lure me away with their newness. Of course, I'm ignoring them until I'm done going through this manuscript with a fine-tooth comb, but not without a little teeth-gnashing. *grins*

Being a native Pacific Northwesterner, I love me some fleeces, and I've wanted a lightweight North Face fleece for some time. Inside the bag, I found this:

Rockin' a fierce myspace pose in my pretty blue. ;)

A gorgeous light blue (my favorite color!) North Face fleece. He said he's proud of what I've accomplished and wanted to cheer me up in face of the petulant chapters. (Ah! At this point, I teared up a bit. Ahem.) However, it made me giggle to think of my chapters being petulant--stomping around the office, pouting like naughty children. The best part is that, with all the weird cold spring weather we've had this year, I could actually wear it today!

Feeling less petulant as I approach the page in my pretty blue fleece this evening...

5 comments:

Sue Guiney said...

I can't think of anything nicer. A lovely fleece and a lovely husband!

Angie said...

Sue, I agree! A great pair. :)

Jenny Beattie said...

What a lovely husband. It's a lovely colour though sadly, not on me... Why can't I wear blue? It's not fair.

Can you believe that the word verification is 'edity'? Bonkers but true.

Angie said...

JJ, he is lovely. No blue for you? That is sad. There are so many varieties of blue--pale, bright, muted--I'm sure one looks great on you! (Whispers: I have a whole section for blue shirts. *grins* They make me happy.)

How funny! Today looks like another 'edity' day. ;)

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

I LOVE your pretty blue fleece. And it's gorgie in person as well. :-) Nicely done, Mr. Angie.