Thursday, July 05, 2007

'scuse me while I *gag*

Well the 4th of July festivities are over - fireworks cooled, bbqs eaten, and drunken stupidity completed. As we were driving home from a bbq last night, we watched a car stop, then drive through three red lights. I hate people like that, they make me want to steer clear of all drivers on the typical drunken holidays like 4th of July, New Years, Memorial Day, and Labor Day. Ugh.

As for the title of my post, apparently a San Jose man won the annual Fourth of July hot dog eating competition after he ate 66 hot dogs in 12 minutes. Yay? That has got to be the most disgusting competition ever. Only in America would a hot dog competition be listed under 'sports' news, and only in America would girls in pseudo-bikinis keep score. I much prefer the entertainment of Wimbledon and guessing when the next rain delay will occur.

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

Loving Wimbledon too, but I did marvel over the previous hot dog champion having arthritis of the jaw at such a young age. You learn something new every day.

Angie said...

Oh I missed that...must've been gagging! ;)

Jen said...

Hot-dog eating? A sport? Good grief!

As for Wimbledown... well, drowning spectators is always a fun sport ;0)

Angie said...

Jen, lovely, isn't it? Especially when they, ahem, expunge because they've run out of room for hot dogs...
Not much drowning today, is there? Phooey.