Thursday, August 16, 2007

Six and 150

Six years ago today, Husband and I were married. SIX YEARS AGO! I reckon that makes us an old married couple now, but we're younger than most of our friends who married this summer. We were one of those weird couples who got married young - I was 20, he was 21 - but we also met when we were really young - I was 16, he was 17. Absolute madness. But it has been mostly a wonderful six years. Like all couples we've had our trials - finances, moving, death - but we've come through them feeling closer, which is the most important thing. We've had some elaborate anniversary celebrations over the years (as well as some really low-key ones during the aforementioned financial lows), but tonight we're celebrating simply with a nice dinner out at our favorite Italian place. I can't wait.

I'm still struggling with the writing, but I'm trying to take everyone's advice to discover how to push through it to the other side. I'm feeling upbeat today not only because it's my wedding anniversary, but also because this is my 150th post.
(Um and shall I mention that yesterday I awoke with a headache that I fought all day and it's very possible that I always struggle with confidence once a month? No? Okay.)

A toast to 6 years and 150 posts, and hopefully productive writing today! Cheers.

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

Congratulations on your anniversary and 150th post! Fair play for sharing your wobble yesterday - has to be done I reckon, I get at least one a month too!

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

Happy anniversary and merry 150th post! Have a great time at dinner and, ahem, after dinner. ;-)

Jen said...

Wow, congratulations! X

Angie said...

Thanks girls. Lovely husband bought me a relaxing 1hr massage, so I need to make myself an appointment!

Anonymous said...

Happy wedding anniversary. and congratulations on your 150th post - a good timing. Hope you enjoy your treat.

Angie said...

Thanks alfaking. It was a wonderful treat.