Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Back to the Swing

Thank you all for your lovely comments, I'll try to reply to them over the next few days, but I'm just getting back into the swing of things after our lovely holiday.

I went on my first run today in ages. I quit running sometime last summer when I started feeling sick, and I didn't get diagnosed with hypothyroidism until April, so it's been a long break. Drew and I went for a short 15 minute run and it was lovely to be out there again. I figured if I could walk all weekend touring DC, I was feeling well enough to try running again. An added benefit was that Drew passed out in his bed afterward and was not at all bothered that I sat working and not playing with him. It took me awhile to clear my desk of traveling debris and to sort through my emails, but once I finally got writing, I had a productive day. And there are only two more days left in this week!

Words Written Today: 1052

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

So glad that you started running again, you must feel great about it!

Lane Mathias said...

Glad you're back safe and sound and writing already:-)

Alix said...

Glad you had fun and are feeling productive. I've just started running - wow it's hard work!

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

Awesome, Ang! I have been avoiding running lately, as you know. But when I'm feeling up to it, I try to get in short jogs--much nicer than long runs, which kill my hips and knees. Maybe we can go for a jog together when I'm in town. Hope the writing is going well.

Angie said...

Hellojed, I did feel pretty great that I was finally able to get back out there. :)

Lane, thank you. It was fun traveling, but it is good to be back.

Alix, good for you! It is hard work, but it's addicting because the payoff is better than any other exercise I've ever done.

Kristen, I'm glad you've been avoiding since it causes you so many problems. I think we should just stick to short distances - no more of this marathon training crap! ;)