Monday, November 05, 2007

DC2

I. am. so. TIRED. Husband and I don't do relaxing vacations (at least we haven't done one since our honeymoon 6.5 years ago...). We always end up in cities where we pack in as many sights as we can see in one day. We were on our feet all day, walking, walking, walking, until our feet throbbed. I suppose it's a good thing though, because vacations are diet killers. This morning I took Husband to a lovely French bistro near the Capitol, which I found last time I visited, and I had tasty pain au chocolat and a latte. Last night we had dessert at Kramerbooks & Afterwords at Dupont Circle near our hotel, where I ate yummy carrot cake. Pudding held me over this afternoon between sessions at the Air & Space Museum and the Natural History Museum. I suppose throbbing feet are my payoff for all the gluttonous eating!Hope all the English readers had a wonderful Bonfire Night. "Remember, remember the 5th of November!" =)

4 comments:

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

Sigh. Sounds like you've had so much fun! Too bad you couldn't stay longer, but it sounds like you managed to pack a lot into your short trip. Have a safe flight back and fill me in on the details soon!

Rebecca said...

ooooh yummy - I'm envious.

Alix said...

I love the air and space museum! Sounds like you had fun and ate well!

Angie said...

Kristen, trips are never long enough are they? Every trip I learn of a few more things I want to see 'next time.' We did pack a lot in though.

Rebecca, it was all so yummy. Unfortunately I'm back to the healthy eating at home. Wah wah.

Alix, the a&s museum was cool, but I was bummed the WWII exhibit was closed because it interested me most. Don't the space machines look like something out of sci fi?