Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Hallowe'en...last day before the frenzy

Tomorrow it begins. My first attempt to write 50,000 words in one month through participation in National Novel Writing Month. I need to buckle down and get serious. I'll have to write approximately 1667 words a day in order to meet this goal. This may not sound like a lot to you non-writers, but that equals nearly 7 pages a day, every day (and yes, that includes weekends, kids), for 30 days! That will require not only a lot of inspiration, but also a lot of diligence and dedication. Not to mention the fact that we are closing on our condo this month (the date is uncertain due to more dragging of feet by the contractors), getting Drew (yay!), and have approximately 30 people in town for the OSU-Stanford game (gah!). I better buckle down today and finish any niggling research details so I can hit the keyboard running tomorrow. Packing begins this weekend. November is going to be crazy, I don't know why I thought things would start settling down. Ah well.

You can check this blog to track my progress as I will be periodically updating--at the very least, I'll update my wordmeter, or you can go to my page at the NaNoWriMo website:

  • Angie's Page


  • Oh, and I hung out with my puppy a couple of days last week while I was in Bend, and I'm totally in love. He's got an awesome personality and he is gorgeous! *sigh* Only two more weeks until we get to keep him forever!

    No comments: