Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Nausea and Freewriting

Yesterday I lay on the couch all day long with severe felt-like-I-was-carsick nausea. Not my best day ever. I seem to be mostly recovered today, though I'm taking it easy. I started a new med (Seasonique, if you recall this post) that caused the nausea, but I'm hoping that was the worst of it and it doesn't continue this week. Fingers crossed. Last time I started the birth control pill it lasted a whole month.

JJ over at tea stains asked in the comments section how the freewriting is going. (And thanks for asking!) The freewriting exercises have been helping me a little, but not in the way I originally thought they would. I tend to get off task, and I've been using the freewriting to 'journal' my thoughts about my writing and my novel lately rather than actually freewriting new creative work. It is helpful for me to see my thoughts gathered in written form though. I have made a few decisions about my novel based off the freewriting/journaling, so I'd say that made it a successful venture. I've also written down ideas for the other stories brewing in the back of my mind, but I've only written tiny bits of creative sketching. When freewriting, I can't help but slip into journaling mode. I must try harder to actually write creative pieces.
I hope this all makes sense, it sounds so convoluted when I read it back to myself, but I can't be bothered to rewrite it...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey angie, thanks for visiting my blog and for your appreciation. I hope your nausea's completely gone and the water's hotter.

Happy writing!

Anonymous said...

I keep meaning to use freewriting, but never get round to it...

I took hypnotherapy sessions to cope with nausea, and they worked pretty well.

Angie said...

Thanks Hrishi.

Clare, thanks for visiting my blog. I love yours. I wish my freewriting were more productive.
Hypnotherapy, huh? I'll have to keep that in mind if the nausea doesn't go away...