Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A - N - G - I - E

Words written today: 808

Jen over at Spiral Skies did this meme and offered it to anyone who wanted to do it. I don't have much to blog about today and it looks fun, so here it goes.

“List one fact, word or tidbit that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your first or middle name. You can theme it to your blog or make it general. Then tag one person for each letter of your name.”

A = Adventure. I love good adventures and need to have them in my life to stay sane. Here are some of the adventures in my life to date: singing in Carnegie Hall with my high school choir; studying abroad and traveling Europe; moving four times in one year; finishing a marathon; skydiving (two weeks later!); and quitting my job to pursue my dream of writing full-time.

N = Novel. One of the major goals of my life has always been to publish a novel. Over the last two years I've separated that goal into two: finishing a novel, and then publishing it. I've always dreamt of being a novelist because I loved books from the time my mom first read them to me at bedtime.

G = Green Eyes. I don't know why, but I have always been a sucker for green eyes, maybe because I am blessed with boring garden variety brown eyes. Husband has the loveliest light sage green eyes, and he knows how to use them.

I = Intuitive. My intuition has always been one of my strongest senses, which comes in handy for writing, but in personal life decisions I have a hard time deciphering between my intuition and my mind.

E = England. I heart England. Some might call me an Anglophile. Ever since I read the Chronicles of Narnia as a little girl I dreamt of England. I lived in London for a study abroad program my senior year of college and it lived up to all my expectations, and I have been trying to get back ever since.

So, I’m supposed to tag five people, but Jen didn’t, so I don’t have to either. Mwah ha ha. If you want to do it, give it a go.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Nice answers :) I agree, it's really hard to separate intuition from wishful thinking sometimes.

Come to England and play - we will have fun a-plenty. No nitwittery though!

Lane Mathias said...

Gosh you've had some adventurous adventures:-)

Ditto Jen re England. Maybe we'll see you when you come over to promote your book. Seriously:-)
x

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

Moving four times in one year sounds like my worst nightmare, but I'll actually be doing worse myself: California to Nebraska (November 2006) to Santa Clara, California (April 2007) to our apartment in San Jose (April 2007) to my parents in Santa Clara (September 2007) to Nebraska (October 2007) then back to California (May 2007) then another move wherever we get a place after staying with my parents for a bit around wedding time (Summer 2007?). Not my kind of adventure.

Angie said...

Jen, thanks. It's especially hard in career matters, isn't it?

Oh, I think I'll have to take you up on that! Maybe just a little nitwittery?

Lane, maybe a few. ;)

Oh I do hope I have a book to come over and promote! We'll have a blog girls party. :)

Kristen, it's not thrilling, but we had (some) fun moves: from Corvallis to London, London to Bend, Bend to Boston, Boston to Bend =p, then a month later (in the next year) Bend to Cali...you're doing a fine job competing, darlin! I'm still trying to find things I lost in all the moves! Soon it will be over, fingers crossed.

xx