Monday, June 16, 2008

Picture this

A grown man, sweating profusely, walks two miles carrying a four-foot tall bush, whilst ducking low-hanging trees and amused pedestrians. Meanwhile his wife follows along with the dog and a serious case of the giggles.

That's our weekend in a nutshell.

It may not be hiking the rainforest, but it's always an adventure with us.













The jasmine vine looks lovely on the patio, and it smells divine, though it was a bit more work than he expected trekking it home.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

It looks great, worth all the hassle!

Kat W said...

I love Jasmine. Smells and looks gorgeous. Well worth the effort.

Kat :-)

Unknown said...

That scene sounds familiar...especially the part about the snickering wife. I think I've actually stared in that scene myself.

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

Ah to have been a witness to that walk of shame! But the jasmine does look awesome. :-) Well worth it, I say. Of course, I wasn't the one lugging it through the city streets for hours. Ha!

Angie said...

Thanks Yvonne, it'll be even prettier when all the buds bloom.

KatW, me too. I told him he got a bonus workout with his plant. ;)

Chad, haha, it's a common one huh? The part I didn't mention is that it was all his idea. He loves plants, and although I suggested we take the car, he thought it'd be more fun to walk.

Kristen, I'm sure it would've been snickering wife and friend if you were witness to it. :)